Sunday 18 December 2011

Review - Subiaco Skin Technology Clinic (Eye Treatment & Lash Extensions)

Good morning sunshines!


Ok so yesterday I went to get an eye treatment and lash extensions because I bought a voucher from Cudo to use at the Subiaco Skin Technology Clinic here in Perth. I wanted eyelash extensions to save time in the morning so that I wouldn't need to put mascara on.

First Impression:
One word to describe it - SMALL
It was nothing I had expected at all. Firstly, it was hard to find. The address is Hay Street but the entrance was actually off a side street. Then when I walked in, I thought I had gone to the wrong place because it was SO small! The clinic basically consists of 2 rooms. The first room is the lobby/reception and the second room is where you get your treatments done with other people. The treatment room had 2 lay back lounge chairs so you don't even get a room to yourself.


The Treatments:
My voucher included a replenishing eye treatment AND a full set of silk eyelash extensions.

So I lay down on the lounge chair and the lady was preparing the eyelash extension stuff so I asked her if the eye treatment was done after the lash extensions. She then said that it was done at the same time (questions marks started flashing in my head at this point).

The lady wiped the area around my eyes and I thought she was taking off my eye makeup etc but I later saw that my eye makeup was all smudged and wasn't taken off properly >.<

The replenishing eye treatment I was suppose to get was just some sort of cream like substance (i couldn't see what she was putting on) that was dabbed around my eye area so that's my first disappointment with the whole thing.

Now onto the lashes....I got size 10 lash extensions which are the longest available. I don't know what silk lashes are suppose to feel because this is only my second time getting lash extensions but they feel hard like synthetic lashes! Anyway, during the process of having them put on, the glue kept sticking to my skin so whenever the lady pulled the lashes away from my skin, it bloody hurt and I'm a person who can't stand pain :(

When it was all done and I opened my eyes to take a look which was kinda hard because a few of my lower lashes on my left eye got stuck to the top lashes so the lady has to peel the lashes apart! It felt a little horrible because I had my contacts on and I was so scared that the glue would get into my eyes. That was my fault though because I forgot to bring my contact lens case with me.

First thought at seeing the lash extensions -> WTF!!!! All I could say was "wow" but not really in an impressed way >.< The reason I'm not happy is that some of the lashes were stuck to my skin instead of onto my actual lashes and they just looked all over the place!

Judge for yourself:
Before

After

Does it look good?
I looked ghastly when I walked out of the place because it looked like I didn't know how to apply eye makeup on and then my face around the eye area looked all red and blotchy from the stuff that was put on!

Verdict:
Not going there again. I'm sticking to falsies.

Comment below if you guys have had good or bad experiences from getting eyelash extensions.

xoxo

5 comments:

  1. oh you poor thing. sorry to hear you bad first experience with the eyelash extensions. they look terrible like dead spider legs squashed on your eyes. did you ask for your money back??

    ReplyDelete
  2. you described it perfectly! dead spider legs hahahaha. No i didn't ask for money back...I think i was too shocked to say anything. I just couldn't get out of there fast enough >.<

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I too had a 'treatment' at this clinic... also on a voucher and I too was very disappointed by the whole set up. The girl who did it was nice and friendly but I was appauled at how grotty the clinic was. The towel I was asked to lie on looked grubby and I was worried that the equipment was unclean also. The place smellt kinda weird and it looked very thrown together quickly. I am wondering they set up just to do voucher work??? Are they a real business???I really didn't want to stay and I didn't find it at all pleasurable. I am supposed to go back for anoter session but I really don't think I'll go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i agree. the place did not look professional at all! they gave me a $50 voucher to use next time for lash refills but i didn't actually go back so that was a waste...i would've given it to someone else but i didn't want them to experience the same thing as me >.<

      Delete
  4. I can recommend going to Evoque Lash Spa in West Leederville, they are set up for lashes and are so fussy with them, the owner is a lash trainer and has been for many years. They are the best lash salon in perth!

    ReplyDelete