Monday 4 February 2013

Day 5, 6 & 7 - Pattaya Getaway

Hey,

I'm so tired right now and I could fall asleep straight away but I'm staying awake to write this blog post for  you guys because I won't have time tomorrow until late at night so might as well write it now >_<

So on Friday, we set out with my bf's family to Pattaya for a weekend getaway and we booked the Phoenix Lakeside Pool Villa Echo which is a 4 bedroom villa with your very own private pool! It really is amazing and I highly recommend the villa if you're planning to go to Pattaya with a big family. It's also much cheaper than booking separate hotel rooms and you've got the added bonus of a private place with your own private pool and jacuzzi. Don't need to share it with strangers :D

Picture of the villa from the website


The house is AMAZING!!! We couldn't have found a nicer place for the whole family to stay in. There are more pictures of the house on the Phoenix Lakeside Pool Villa website and you'll be able to find information on the other villas as well.


We all took a dip in the pool as soon as we arrived because it was quite humid even though it's technically winter in Thailand right now >_<

On Saturday morning, we went to the Pattaya Floating Market which is a market built on I believe a lake. A lot of tourists visit there especially in tour groups but the prices are still reasonable and not overly inflated. You'll find quite a big variety of stalls - food, souvenir, clothing, gifts etc.

Pattaya Floating Market - New Zealand mussels & shellfish
Here, we're trying freshly cooked New Zealand mussels with a thai spicy sour type sauce and also fresh shellfish which I absolutely love! I love seafood and it's quite hard to find decent shellfish in Perth for a reasonable price but seafood in Thailand is so cheap, I could eat it everyday if I wanted.

I didn't buy much at the market except for a t-shirt but I don't have a picture of that to show you guys. Sorry!

The rest of the time was mainly just spent on eating, enjoying the scenery and swimming in the pool and jacuzzi.

I had a fantastic time in Pattaya and was sad to leave but I'm back in Bangkok now which means it's shop till I drop time ^_^

Goodnight for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment