Thursday 7 February 2013

Day 9 - Shopping at Platinum Mall

Hey,

So the entire day 9 was spent at Platinum Mall which is the largest wholesale and retail fashion mall boasting over 2000 shops at the complex. It is one of my favourite shopping destinations in Bangkok because you can get SO many bargains there.

The way you get discounts at the shops/stalls is to buy 2 or more items because if you buy 2 or more items, you will get the discounted prices for each item which works out to be a lot cheaper than purchasing one item at the full price. I went to Platinum with my bf and his sister which was handy because sometimes I only wanted one item from a shop and my bf's sister also only wanted one item so we put it together to get the discount :D

I suggest that if you're going to shop at Platinum, go with a friend...

Most items are around the 300 baht range which is equivalent to roughly $10 AUD and if you buy 2 or more items, then the discounted price might say be 250 baht each or something like that.

Ok time to show you my haul ^_^

Let's start with jewellery first...



This is an overview of the jewellery pieces I bought at Platinum. Two faux pearl peter pan collars, three sets of rings and two bangles.


These two bangles were bought from the same store and if you look at the price tag, one side says 260 and the other says 160. Basically what that means and you'll see it on most shops price tags at Platinum is that if you buy one items only, its the higher price which in this case is 260 baht but if you buy 2 or more items, you'll get them at the cheaper price which in this case is 160 baht each. Awesome right?


I have to say that I am absolutely in LOVE with these rings! They're so girly and cute and pretty at the same time. The first two sets of rings are actually 3 rings in one set but each ring has a different "thing" on it. So the first set has a treble clef, a music note and a rose. The second set has a girl, a crown and a heart with angel wings on top. The last ring is just a crown with faux pearls encrusted on the border.


Next I bought some tops and the above is one that I've taken out of the packaging to show you guys. I'm really into sheer chiffon tops at the moment so I bought a range of long sleeve, short sleeve, with peter pan collars and without as well.


So here are just some of the tops I bought. I didn't photograph all of them because some were extra wrinkly and I couldn't be bothered ironing them for photographing >_<


 It's really hard to find maxi dresses which fit me because I'm so short and the ones available in Australia are usually much too long for me so when I found these maxis' above, I had to buy them because they're just the right length. I bought one for myself and one for my sister but I'm sure you can tell which one is mine...yep that's right, it's the pink one! I love the print on these two dresses.


I also bought three pairs of shorts and the beige one has bows on the pockets and the peachy coloured one has the pockets cut into the shape of sort of like half an eggshell. The taupe coloured one has a bow in the middle which is super cute.


It's also hard to find blazers to fit me because the ones in Australia usually are too big so it doesn't really fit me in the right spots but this pink one is just right. I love the colour but also the detailing on the collar and the cuffs. It adds something different to just a plain pink blazer.

Ok that's all for my Platinum Mall haul. If you're ever in Thailand and you're a shopaholic like me, I definitely recommend this place and bring extra cash with you. You'll need it ^_*

I'm going out for lunch and more shopping now...

No comments:

Post a Comment